Join our team!! Now hiring:
Position: Urban Growler Brewing Company is looking for experience Kitchen Manager to join our team.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Who We Are: Located in St. Paul, Urban Growler is the first woman owned packaging microbrewery in Minnesota. We make traditional beers like CowBell Cream Ale® and non-traditional ones with a local twist through our Plow to Pint® Series. Unlike most taprooms, we have a full kitchen and event center. We make great food that goes with beer. Our warm and welcoming taproom, beer garden and event center is the kind of place you’ll want to bring family and friends to eat and drink or host your next big party.
Who we’re looking For: We are looking for a chef that is not only a positive leader, but also a team player to manage the day to day operations of the kitchen for taproom customers and event catering. Serving as an integral member of the UGBC leadership team. This role reports to the General Manager. If you want to join us on the adventure, read on.
What Will You Do: - Plan, direct, and supervise the day to day kitchen operations of Urban Growler Brewing Company.
- Work as needed on the cooking line.
- Place food orders and set PAR levels
- Perform inventory counts
- Lead, Manage and Hold people accountable.
- Participate in and make decisions on matters of hiring, promotion, discipline or discharge of employees
- Conduct ongoing feedback, coaching, mentoring
- Ensure food quality and safety
- Maintain consistency if food taste, quality and presentation
- Enforce compliance with policies, procedures, health and safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- Provide decisive and positive relations to ensure a high level of collaboration and cohesion across all
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Motivate and maintain high employee morale and positive relationships with employees in a manner that
results in high employee job satisfaction.
- Maintain on-going communication with both BOH and FOH team
- Problem solve and create and implement lasting well thought out solutions.
- Manage Labor, food costs, and waste
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
What you should have:
- Minimum 3 years kitchen management experience
- Proven ability to cook on the line of a fast-paced restaurant
- Ability to use software programs such as menu costing, and scheduling software
- Ability to execute and manage details
- Strong work ethic with great communication, management, leadership and teamwork skills
- Experience managing employee dynamics and conflicts.
- Ability to communicate exceptionally by listening, speaking and writing.
- Experience costing recipes
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure food and service meet appropriate standards
- Ability to effectively respond to feedback from customers, peers, employees and management
- Ability to consistently maintain professionalism, collaboration, and self-motivation
- Sound knowledge of restaurant compliance requirements,
- SERV safe and Certified Kitchen Manager
- Both catering and restaurant experience preferred
- Profit and Loss Statement exposure preferred
If this sounds like you and you can totally get behind Urban Growler’s mission to bring people together through beer – please APPLY!
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds without assistance and maneuver 168 pounds safely with proper body
- Move large quantities of products with carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other moving equipment
- This position will require you to stand, walk and be on your feet for long period
- Ladder and stair climbing, bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and performing repetitive motion
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus in various levels of lighting
- Capable of safe and competent work on and around potentially hazardous machinery, equipment,
chemicals and systems
- Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all
- Occasionally exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
Additional Requirements to consider before applying
- The selected candidate will be required to supply a current Servsafe certificate prior to start date
- The selected candidate must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays)
Compensation & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Health Insurance, Paid Time Off and last
but not least – free food and beer.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Urban Growler Brewing Company is looking for kitchen staff to join our team.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Who We Are: Located in St. Paul, Urban Growler Brewing Company is the first woman owned microbrewery in Minnesota. The brewery just turned two years old and have already expanded our kitchen once, with another expansion slotted for 2017. Our food menu continues to expand, as well as our opportunities in catering, and hosting special events.
Who we’re looking For: Cooks, that have good time management skills, follow food safety guidelines, and are able to read tickets. We are a small kitchen that is continuing to expand both menu options and in size of operation. If you want to join us on the adventure, read on.
What you should have:
Ability to read line tickets and recipes
Experience in preparing and presenting menu items consistently and timely
Engaging personality with great communication and teamwork skills
Good understanding of quality assurance and control
Personal attributes – honest and hard-working with a passion for food and quality.
If this sounds like a good fit for you and you want to support the Urban Growler mission to bring people together through beer – please APPLY!
Capable of standing for long periods of time
Ability to work a flexible schedule (evenings, weekends, holidays)
The desire to provide consistent service in a fast paced environment
Personality/work ethic that is dependable, fun, friendly, energetic, authentic and a team player.
Capable of safe and competent work on and around potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals
Compensation & Benefits:
Hourly Wage + Tips
Free meal and a beer for every shift
Discounted beer whenever you come in
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com