Join our team!! Now hiring:
Director of Operation
DIRECTOR OF OPERATION
Position: Urban Growler Brewing Company is looking for an experienced Director of Operations to join our team.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Who we are: Located in St. Paul, Urban Growler is the first woman owned packaging microbrewery in Minnesota.
We make traditional beers like CowBell Cream Ale®, non-traditional with a local twist through our Plow to Pint®
Series. Unlike most taprooms, we have a full kitchen. We sell beer and food in our taproom and self-distribute our
beer throughout the Twin Cities. We recently expanded and added a canning line and event center. Our warm
and welcoming taproom and beer garden and event center is the kind of place you’ll want to bring family and
friends to eat and drink or host your next big party.
Who we’re looking for: We are looking for a Director of Operations that is not only a positive leader, but also a
team player to manage the day to day operations of the brewery including events, taproom, kitchen, sales and
facilities departments. Serving as an integral member of the UGBC leadership team, the Director of Operations
will develop operational, administrative, and financial management strategies to achieve strategic goals and
optimize competitive advantages. This role reports to Deb and Jill, the company owners, with direct accountability
for UGBC’s management teams.
If you want to join us on the adventure, read on...
What Will You Do:
- Plan, direct, and supervise the day to day operations of Urban Growler Brewing Company.
- Provide leadership and direction to UGBC management team including but not limited to events,
taproom, kitchen sales, and facilities departments.
- Participate in and make decisions on matters of hiring, promotion, discipline or discharge of employees
under the span of control.
- Conduct ongoing feedback, coaching, mentoring, and timely formal reviews of performance.
- Encourage employee growth and development by encouraging learning and growth opportunities
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach while assigning accountability.
- Prepare and present annual forecast and performance metrics for each department to Deb and Jill.
- Using performance metrics, set objectives based on strategic goals, establish priorities, and monitor and
- Formulate policies and procedures designed to ensure strong workflows, minimize overhead and advance
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems and controls.
- Approve requests and recommend the purchase of equipment, materials, and supplies within department
- Enforce compliance with policies, procedures, health and safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- Provide decisive and positive relations to ensure a high level of collaboration and cohesion across all
- Promote high-performance expectations for the leadership and management teams to help the UGBC
team be consistent with improving the experience of service, quality and efficiency of operations.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Maintain high employee morale and positive relationships with employees in a manner that results in high
employee job satisfaction.
- Provide leadership in managing, facilitating and communicating organizational change.
- Set standards for performance in all areas of the company and provide weekly reports on departmental
- Maintain on-going communication with employees to ensure the staff is well informed in regards to the
strategic direction of UGBC.
- Active involvement in the forecasting, strategic planning and goal setting with Deb and Jill.
- Develop strategies to provide optimum experience for guests.
- Investigate the cause of customer or supplier complaints and work with managers to develop remedies
for future avoidance.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a minimum of 5 years of personnel management experience including
training and supervising staff
- Engaging personality with great communication, management and teamwork skills
- Strategic vision to adapt to a changing environment.
- Experience managing employee dynamics and conflicts.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to communicate exceptionally by listening, speaking and writing.
- Must have outstanding organizational, management and leadership skills. You are able to manage a
minimum of 5 department managers and their teams.
- Strong business, financial, and operations experience.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to represent UGBC in public interviews and PR activities and representing UGBC at industry and
- Valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record
- Ability to venture outside the lines every once in a while – cause we do that a lot.
- Restaurant, or event experience preferred
If this sounds like you and you can totally get behind the Urban Growler mission to bring people together
through beer – please APPLY!
- Capable of standing for long periods of time and climb stairs
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Capable of safe and competent work on and around potentially hazardous machinery, equipment,
chemicals and systems
- At least half of the work is spent on feet and perusing the brewery, interacting with staff and providing
- Able to work flexible schedules including evenings and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Bonuses based on performance. Health
Insurance, Vacation and last but not least – free food and beer.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position: Urban Growler Brewing Company is looking for kitchen staff to join our team.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Who We Are: Located in St. Paul, Urban Growler Brewing Company is the first woman owned microbrewery in Minnesota. The brewery just turned two years old and have already expanded our kitchen once, with another expansion slotted for 2017. Our food menu continues to expand, as well as our opportunities in catering, and hosting special events.
Who we’re looking For: Cooks, that have good time management skills, follow food safety guidelines, and are able to read tickets. We are a small kitchen that is continuing to expand both menu options and in size of operation. If you want to join us on the adventure, read on.
What you should have:
Ability to read line tickets and recipes
Experience in preparing and presenting menu items consistently and timely
Engaging personality with great communication and teamwork skills
Good understanding of quality assurance and control
Personal attributes – honest and hard-working with a passion for food and quality.
If this sounds like a good fit for you and you want to support the Urban Growler mission to bring people together through beer – please APPLY!
Capable of standing for long periods of time
Ability to work a flexible schedule (evenings, weekends, holidays)
The desire to provide consistent service in a fast paced environment
Personality/work ethic that is dependable, fun, friendly, energetic, authentic and a team player.
Capable of safe and competent work on and around potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals
Compensation & Benefits:
Hourly Wage + Tips
Free meal and a beer for every shift
Discounted beer whenever you come in
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org