Join our team!! Now hiring:
Kitchen Manager/ Head Chef
Kitchen Manager / Head Chef
Position: Urban Growler Brewing Company is looking for an experienced Kitchen Manger / Head Chef to join our
Location: St. Paul, MN.
Who we are: Located in St. Paul, Urban Growler is the first woman owned packaging microbrewery in
Minnesota. We make traditional beers like CowBell Cream Ale® and non-traditional ones with a local twist
through our Plow to Pint® Series. Unlike most taprooms, we have a full kitchen and event center. We make great
food that goes with beer. Our warm and welcoming taproom, beer garden and event center is the kind of place
you’ll want to bring family and friends to eat and drink or host your next big party.
Who we’re looking for: We are looking for a chef that is not only a positive leader, but also a team player to
manage the day to day operations of the kitchen for taproom customers and event catering. Serving as an
integral member of the UGBC leadership team. This role reports to the General Manager.
If you want to join us on the adventure, read on.
What Will You Do:
- Plan, direct, and supervise the day to day kitchen operations of Urban Growler Brewing Company.
- Work as needed on the cooking line.
- Place food orders and set PAR levels
- Perform inventory counts
- Lead, Manage and Hold people accountable.
- Participate in and make decisions on matters of hiring, promotion, discipline or discharge of employees
- Conduct ongoing feedback, coaching, mentoring
- Ensure food quality and safety
- Maintain consistency if food taste, quality and presentation
- Enforce compliance with policies, procedures, health and safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- Provide decisive and positive relations to ensure a high level of collaboration and cohesion across all
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Motivate and maintain high employee morale and positive relationships with employees in a manner that
results in high employee job satisfaction.
- Maintain on-going communication with both BOH and FOH team
- Problem solve and create and implement lasting well thought out solutions.
- Manage Labor, food costs, and waste
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
What you should have:
- Minimum 3 years kitchen management experience
- Proven ability to cook on the line of a fast-paced restaurant
- Ability to use software programs such as menu costing, and scheduling software
- Ability to execute and manage details
- Strong work ethic with great communication, management, leadership and teamwork skills
- Experience managing employee dynamics and conflicts.
- Ability to communicate exceptionally by listening, speaking and writing.
- Experience costing recipes
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure food and service meet appropriate standards
- Ability to effectively respond to feedback from customers, peers, employees and management
- Ability to consistently maintain professionalism, collaboration, and self-motivation
- Sound knowledge of restaurant compliance requirements,
- SERV safe and Certified Kitchen Manager
- Both catering and restaurant experience preferred
- Profit and Loss Statement exposure preferred
If this sounds like you and you can totally get behind Urban Growler’s mission to bring people together
through beer – please APPLY!
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds without assistance and maneuver 168 pounds safely with proper body
- Move large quantities of products with carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other moving equipment
- This position will require you to stand, walk and be on your feet for long period
- Ladder and stair climbing, bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and performing repetitive motion
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus in various levels of lighting
- Capable of safe and competent work on and around potentially hazardous machinery, equipment,
chemicals and systems
- Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all
- Occasionally exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
Additional Requirements to consider before applying
- The selected candidate will be required to supply a current Servsafe certificate prior to start date
- The selected candidate must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays)
Compensation & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Health Insurance, Paid Time Off and last
but not least – free food and beer.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Urban Growler Brewing Company is looking for an experienced full-time Sales Rep that fits with our team.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Who we are: Located in St. Paul, Urban Growler is the first woman owned microbrewery in Minnesota. Our beer is handcrafted in 10-barrel batches. We make traditional beers like our CowBell Cream Ale®and non-traditional with a local twist through our Plow to Pint® series like Rhubarb Wit. We sell beer in our taproom and distribute kegs and cans.
Who we’re looking for: We are excited to add an experienced sales person to the team. We are self-distributing our beer in cans and kegs. We are looking for an awesome sales person to represent Urban Growler and sell our beer in the Minneapolis and Western Metro territory. The amazing, perfect fit Sales Rep will be responsible for maintaining the current customer distribution and growing new business – that means selling lots-o-beer! You will present, sell, coordinate, merchandise and deliver products to customer locations. Fun! You know beer, love beer, love the craft beer scene, and are hip to the craft beer trends in MN. You bleed beer. The sales position is fast paced and physical – no need for a gym membership. You will generate growth and revenue by providing exceptional customer service, delivering first-class market execution, promoting and organizing marketing events including all POS. Does this sound like fun to you? Then we need to talk. We are a small brewery with a proven track record on the way up, up, UP!
If you want to join us on the adventure, read on...
What we are looking for someone, not just anyone that has/is:
The ability to deliver, sell, and merchandise products in customer locations.
A personality that is warm and welcoming. You have exceptional customer service skills and you are able to authentically represent Urban Growler. You know our story and love our beer.
At least 2 years experience selling Craft Beer to on and off premise accounts.
Self-motivated and have the ability to work with limited amount of direction both independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
Strong communication, organization and time management skills, be a strong team player with a winning attitude
A demonstrated proven track record of increasing sales, and have the ability to provide customers with innovative solutions to enhance their success.
Knowledge of draught systems, basic beer merchandising and point of sale placement are desirable
The other requirements:
The Team Member must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally may lift or move up to 165 pounds safely using proper equipment. The sales position requires the ability to climb, lift, reach, bend, stoop, push, pull, and kneel for extended periods.
Workdays/schedule may vary or change according to route needs. You may be asked to work occasional weekends and special events.
Must be at least 21 years old and possess a valid driver's license and a clean Driving Record – going back 7 years
Must be able to utilize technology such as cell phones, tablets/computers, handhelds and the internet
Must be able take direction from others and work independently
If this sounds like you and you can totally get behind the Urban Growler mission to bring people together through beer – please APPLY!
Compensation & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Bonuses based on performance. Health
Insurance, Vacation and last but not least – free food and beer.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position: Urban Growler Brewing Company is looking for kitchen staff to join our team.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Who We Are: Located in St. Paul, Urban Growler Brewing Company is the first woman owned microbrewery in Minnesota. The brewery just turned two years old and have already expanded our kitchen once, with another expansion slotted for 2017. Our food menu continues to expand, as well as our opportunities in catering, and hosting special events.
Who we’re looking For: Cooks, that have good time management skills, follow food safety guidelines, and are able to read tickets. We are a small kitchen that is continuing to expand both menu options and in size of operation. If you want to join us on the adventure, read on.
What you should have:
Ability to read line tickets and recipes
Experience in preparing and presenting menu items consistently and timely
Engaging personality with great communication and teamwork skills
Good understanding of quality assurance and control
Personal attributes – honest and hard-working with a passion for food and quality.
If this sounds like a good fit for you and you want to support the Urban Growler mission to bring people together through beer – please APPLY!
Capable of standing for long periods of time
Ability to work a flexible schedule (evenings, weekends, holidays)
The desire to provide consistent service in a fast paced environment
Personality/work ethic that is dependable, fun, friendly, energetic, authentic and a team player.
Capable of safe and competent work on and around potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals
Compensation & Benefits:
Hourly Wage + Tips
Free meal and a beer for every shift
Discounted beer whenever you come in
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org